PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2013, 22:08
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I honestly can't see them [the Argies]mounting any kind of military invasion. surly our brace of Typhoons will see them comming and take them out. they would need such overwhelming forces and be prepared to take severe losses.

However if they did I feel quite certain that as a Nation we would be more behind retaking the Islands by force than we are about Afg and Iraq.

In 1982 my team worked balls out around the clock, long hours, week ends until we were shagged. Similar during the first gulf. however inspite of having endorsed UORs the majority in the UK MoD still works 9 - 5 in support of HERICK. Expediture still needs high level approval and enormous debate and scrutiny leading to delay. (If folks don't believe me just check out the Public Accounts Ctee report). How Marshall managed to deliver C130 refuelling in 19 days flat I can't imagine today. it would take a month to form an inception meeting and capability working group!

I wish back in 1982 we had thrown some ordanace onto the mainland (did polaris only have a nuclear option?) I am pleased Maggie ordered the sinking of the Belgrano.

Frankly even if they do find any black stuff down there the Argies will stay at home if they know what was best.