PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ad in Flight International 21-27 Jan "JAA Pilots Available"
Old 1st Feb 2003, 17:01
Le-Slat Disagree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all.

First of all, I'd like to apologise to some people who I may have offended. This was not my intention - nor to say "Hay look at me I've done an integrated course"

My comments were certainly not to undermine the job of an instructor. After all, I would not be where I am today without the high quality training I have received throughout my flying career so far. I will also be relying on future "expertise" in the future.

However, I was perhaps trying to ask "is instructing the only way forward"? I appreciate, there are no silver plates out there, but we've got to try and be noticed.

In answer to some questions, yes, I have researched potential jobs & career ladders through out my entire life in my quest to become a commercial pilot. Along with exposure working in the industry before I started the course.

But, as everyone knows, if September 11th hadn't happened - we may well be in a totally different situation, but I'm not going to stir that nest up either!

However, I do value all your comments. Keep up the hard work, and I may be instructing myself soon.....

Apologies again!

Le-Slat