PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 3
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 3
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2013, 19:14
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting rumour Turbropro I must say. I have heard whispers though that the 1-11 is being used as a front for the actual top secret modifications being carried out to bring Concord back. Apparently BA and AF have been secretly fighting over slots at BOH to bring back the luxury service to JFK (hence why the fairs are so expensive as highlighted by Shamrock below). LHR was in the running but the fact BOH had an above 90% load factor on its one flight a year blew it out of the water. Apparently this is a direct quote of WW. My contact also tells me that all the big players are ready to make their move and that they agree with the posters on here that they can't understand how the famously tight and low cost orientated FR haven’t taken advantage of the huge local market. Branson apparently banged his fist on the table with dismay at the situation.

I think we would also all agree chaps that it would strengthen the one rotation a day to DUB and certainly it wouldn't be delusional to envisage most of Europe routing through DUB to get to BOH to get on the forthcoming Dubai and NY routes. Time will tell but exciting times for BOH.