PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - why is a box more threatening than a bag?
Old 4th Jan 2013, 18:00
CafeClub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed givemewings, that was the rub, and yes the handling agent blew it for not getting the disclaimers filled and the thing sent down (what i am calling) the special box check in place.

As to your second point i am 100% sure that the average travelling joe will throw everything into their luggage without thinking. But that is kind of my point. If i pack my small petrol engine plus fuel into a SUITCASE that is obviously just as much a risk.

Only in that situation you (it sounds like you are part of the handling folk) would not ask any additional / extra questions. It would be weighed, tagged and shunted of and scanned as per usual.

I find this somewhat odd - if not absurd. It means if joe the camper wanted to take 24 camping gas cylinders on holiday with him and popped them in a box, he'd more than likely find he couldn't cook when he reached the other end (sans box). But if joe's wife jenny packed her 24 cannisters in a suitcase, well no problems, the sausages will sizzle.

So timgriff6 the obvious becomes the stupid way out, doesn't it? If the ONLY check is of "odd one out", then it is no check at all. And if that is not the only check ( of which i am sure) whogivesa what the contents are packed in?

Many a cheap suitcase are made of cardboard too.