PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet allocated seating
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2013, 17:58
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes and BA will cancel the entire domestic network at the first sign of snow in LHR. I've had this happen twice. The first time it was handled well as I luckily checked before I left home and got the refund within a few weeks as I was just travelling for a day trip to see friends. The second time they dumped me in EDI and cancelled the flight last minute despite it snowing in LHR all day without let up despite that flight showing as operating ok. I didn't have web access on my phone and the queue for the service desk was ghastly. I did get a voucher which got me a snack and they changed my connecting flight but the start was very badly handled. But like you describe you had a really bad experience with easyJet. But when things go wrong they go wrong, LCC or full service.

One thing I will say is that baggage delays will be caused by the airport not the airline. It's down to the handling agent to organise this. Was any explanation given for the delay to the bags? Three hours is a long time to wait!

Last edited by fa2fi; 4th Jan 2013 at 18:00.