PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 4th Jan 2013, 16:55
cccc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all FTSO, SO,

I really don't understand what the difference is between a FTSO in linetraining and a FO who is in linetraining, except the amount of sectors and the salary. But then again, who am I to understand their philosophy about recruitment/linetraining?
In their last mail they said they would not recruit more FTSO, but hire the ones in the holding pool, based on priorities, etc... So I would say based on that, that they have their training in order, and it wouldn't last as long as in the past.
I have information from a reliable source that QR would only hire 15 FTSO's for 2013. And it's unknown on what factors these FTSO's would be called, except that these would receive information in February. Based on this, I would say that the training will not last as long anymore. But hey, what do I know?
And the other question is, what happens with the rest? Because I think there are more than 15 FTSO's in the pool.
I don't know what to say/write anymore.
Cheers to you all and all a happy 2013.
cccc