PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2013, 14:28
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In July 2011, we flew with Ryanair to Rhodes with a 07:20 departure and that went from Satellite 2, gate 80-something and we got there via the walkway from the departure lounge.

There is no seperate levels for domestic and international flights. The highest level (with the all the green tinted glass) is the DEPARTURES level and there is a level beneath it which is less visable from the outside which is beneath this and that is where the ARRIVING passengers go. Satellite 1 I beleive is the same.

Satellite 3 has no airgates which of course suits Ryanair's preferences so all arriving passengers walk off the plane via aircraft steps and walk into the arrivals area of Satellite 3 at ground level (which is what I did on the return from Rhodes).

I think that it is EasyJet who use Satellite 1 for international flights and Satellite 2 for domestic flights and where the monorail is concerned, I beleive that it serves Satellite 1 for arrivals and departures but only serves Satellite 2 for international arriving passengers since international arrivals is to the oppisite end of the main terminal building and too far to walk. That may explain why EasyJet use Satellite 2 for domestic flights as domestic arrivals is at the same end as the departure lounge, so no need for the monorail.