PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B.Sc. Aviation Correspondence?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2013, 14:00
rsoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was following this thread and here is my 50 paisa worth!!!

Some of the programmes discussed here seem to be nothing more than a rehash of your CPL papers plus a few basic management modules like Finance or Accounting thrown in!!! Of course you get a degree, very important in a country like India but is it really worth it??? In addition I understand that some of these degrees will help you go in for a further course of post graduate study like Masters in Aviation from some of the very same institutions...and for that of course you have to pay another set of fees plus invest even more time

Have you considered the following alternatives?? Cranfield University is just one, an equally good one is offered by City University of London I understand and there may be a few others as well.... Expensive .. of course yes.. but believe me you get full returns for what you pay... quality of education is top class and more importantly as long as you can demonstrate your interest in the subject and your keenness of study and you have your CPL as well as work experience ... then they may waive off the graduation requirement....

Cranfield University

Executive MSc Air Transport Management

City University
Air Transport Management | City University London

The institutions in question needs no introduction to many well informed members in PPRUNE quite a few of whom have attended one or the other institution. I have no idea whether such programmes are AICTE or UGC recognised which may stand in the way of a government job but then it opens up a lot of other avenues outside India as well.

Cheers