PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2013, 10:45
pipersam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To begin with, the accommodation myself and my colleagues have been placed in is very far from the school (>20km) in an area that literally has nothing around it with a bus to Southampton central costing me £6 and taking an hour. For non-drivers like myself, this has placed me extremely demotivated and unhappy with unnecessary expenses
I guess you are in Hamble? I do seem to remember that the contract does state that providing transport for yourself is highly recommended as you could be placed in accommodation anywhere in the surrounding area?

I have been on a 2.5 hour lunch and regularly have 45min tea breaks too.
Treat this as a luxury! A 45 minute break was a god send after a couple of hours worth of POF!

I have also heard from students who are currently in New Zealand, that they only find out if they're going to be flying the next day at 4pm the day before. Some students have said that they have been up to TWO WEEKS waiting for their next training flight and only finding out only at 4pm every day.
Yeah it can be annoying but it's incredibly hard for FTO's and airlines to be as flexible as it seems you want them to be as there are so many variables effecting the operations. When I was there, Air New Zealand opened their employment doors and a number of instructors left for the airline. Just suck it up mate because at the end of the day, your going to experience these operational annoyances for the rest of your life. Aviation is not plane sailing.

And now that they have taken on far too many students, but can't place a cadet for love nor money, the only thing that kept people going through the constant bullsh*t (their "100% placement record") is soon to be a thing of the past too.
It seems you are predicting the future, which is impossible. And your wrong about them not being able to place students as well.