PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 4th Jan 2013, 07:49
disagreeable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am living it in my own soul, I am here in Doha, as FTSO (fast track sh-t officer) and the way the company treat you is incredible....
You join the 5 stars joke with a bag full of ilusion and in a couple of months you realize that are in another company, not in Qatar Airways.
They promised you 42 days of leave, and later you only get 30, they said to you that you will be trained Fast and later you are MORE than a YEAR doing nothing in this bored country, with very little money and without flying....
And if you want to go to your country, they changed the ticket policy and now you only can fly in economy, business is only for the company pilots, and your are not one of them, you are nothing in this country.
And in the 330 fleet, the Second Officers Fast Track, after being waiting more than a year to fly a little bit, are now being fired without any explanation, just because the company changed the mind.
This is the situation now with the Second Officers.....or Sh_t Officers, because they make you fell like that.
All the FO that join the company after you (even a year after you!!!!) are flying directly, and you just see the time passing in front of you.
And if you go to talk with management, they smile to you and say always the same: Do not worry, in a couple of months you will be flying as FO.....always the same joke.
Some Second Officers are moving to other places, because it is easy to find a job where they pay you more than 2000$, that is your salary for years......
I am about to move, but this week they told me that in two months I will be flying, and maybe this time it is true, if it is not, I will go.....
Amen.
They cant hold the truth in forever!
Yep, i must say they are treating the SOs like
I think you may get a couple flights here and there, but my advice is to go do the interview in another airline and give yourself the option!