PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stolen plane crashes in Jasper, US
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2013, 04:30
BoKu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a quick look atthe NTSB database on this N-number for this accident and came up with nothing. It may be too early, or I may have been looking at the wrong thing
It usually takes the NTSB about a week to post a Factual Synopsis. That report will have only the information they're sure about; the time of takeoff, the time the crash was reported and the wreckage discovered, the location of the crash, and whether all of the aircraft was present at the crash site. It will also probably give weather conditions prevailing at the presumed time of the crash.

For a fatal accident, and especially one like this where certain facts are in dispute, the final synopsis and the statement of probable cause will probably not be posted for about a year.

My interest in this crash is almost entirely because it appears to have achieved the trifecta of bad judgement: A student pilot and his friends joyriding in a complex twin-engined airplane at night and in bad weather. There is virtually no chance that it could have turned out anything but badly.