PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How safe is (airbus) fly by wire? Airbus A330/340 and A320 family emergency AD
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 19:39
hoggsnortrupert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Twin Otter Pilot:

I have never flown anything as complex as a fly by wire system, but!

I do wonder! Can someone give me the answer to this question:

Does Air Bus acknowledge that its machinery is flown by PILOTS, or are they SYSTEM MONITORS:

Authorities and some Air Lines have now recognized the very real threat that their PILOTS have lost their basic airman-ship flying skills, which is what alot of people in the industry, along with myself, have seen happening for the last twenty years:

I have reed the report on AF 447: (Talk about a shinning example of CRM, & Leadership)

In my opinion the system can have all the bells and whistles, and colored lights, nice female voices, & coffee on tap! but give the PILOTS, the means to IMMEDIATELY BE ABLE TO PUSH A BIG RED BUTTON:

But if it goes pear shaped at 500 ft on take off in hard IMC, and you have to analyze, recognize, then shut down the ADR's, is in my opinion a big ask, of any crew:

In my opinion A/B is ignorant of HUMAN FACTORS:

Now I will twaddle off into my Twin Otter office with 8 sectors, and all my manual flying:

Chr's
H/Snort

PS: exercise for you all, trawl through all this guff from the first posting, and read and sit back and think about what you are discussing! it is quite disturbing:

Let the clubbing and beatings commence: