PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Ratings
Thread: Type Ratings
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 19:06
AdamFrisch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know what ferry work you have done but the big problem is insurance requirements.

On the Jet ferries I have carried out they want to know everything about me to act as a Captain! Copies of licences, medicals, Type ratings, recurrents hours on type ,total hours, crossings etc etc etc.

Dont think its a matter of jump in anything and off you go? I think that used to be the case years back but certainly not nowadays,
You're prob right, Pace. The insurance companies will require a lot of info and experience in type, I'm sure. I have no ferry experience at all, but I do stay in contact with the president of the Twin Commander group, and he ferries piston aircrafts all over the US. He's experienced, so there probably aren't many types he hasn't flown, but it happens. I know when he ferried my 520 that was the first time he'd flown a 520, even though he's flown pretty much every other model of the Commanders. In the US there is no requirement to have insurance, so that's probably how they ferry most of the times. That's how we did it.