PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 18:01
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
I have never seen any evidence of Argentineans being ejected from the islands by force apart from in 1982 - which was thoroughly deserved.

The vote in March will reveal what we already know about about the islanders' wishes, so self-determination law will stand. End of story.

If there are any doubts, we can reinforce the islands with all three services. That will have a number of useful effects. For one thing it will tie up a lot of equipment and manpower, showing that it is in-use post-AFG and, therefore, not available for scrapping. For another it would provide great training opportunities (as the place has since 1982) and require us to maintain some sort of logistics capability. It could also provide the bonus of of a really good punch-up that would to serve to remind their crazy president that she has even less chance than Leopoldo Galtieri of taking our territory by force. Oh, and it would mean that we wouldn't need to be so concerned that we scrapped Harrier.

Bring it on! I'll even turn up for my reserve commitment voluntarily to help out. Hey, that would make me a serving member again so I can stay on PPRuNe!!!