PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice please
Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 17:53
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite a few aspertions being cast!

Not to defend the potentially illegal activities being discussed, but should a witch hunt really be starting on an anonymous internet forum?

Quote:
his comments here really made my working life not very difficult in the past, pm if me if you wish further.
Airpolice, care to elaborate on what you mean by the above? Comments like that might make people afraid to post, given your username!

Tax, read it again and let me know if you need clarification from me. I'm just helping busy readers avoid having to trawl all of the AAIB report.

I am not an insurance investigator, nor do I work for the CAA.

All of my flying, as a Pilot, is recreational.

I am interested in this case, and the sub culture that the original post highlights, as it may well affect all of us.

If we can't trust Instructors and Examiners to be honest, how can we really have confidence in ourselves as pilots?

We may feel that we are fine, and a CAA authorised examiner saying so, well.... that ought to confirm it. This case however, would suggest that's not what's been happening every time.

In the AAIB report, we read that the Instructor had made false entries to meet the CAA requirements.

The track of the Skills tests is not a match for the Examiner's account of it.

What unfounded aspersions is it that you think are being cast?

http://www.aaib.gov.uk/cms_resources...EW%2011-09.pdf