Old 3rd Jan 2013, 13:55
Hangar6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Longhaul feed EI BOH USA

Some thoughts

In general BOH route is doing just fine for EIR

A busier route WAT LTN was closed this week as EIR are down one a/c

So this indicates BOH yields are better on a lower load factor
EIR will start taking the larger ATR Q1 this year, and ALL smaller ATR will leave the fleet.

EI have about 20% of their DUB USA traffic coming from EUR and UK at the moment and this is probably enough for now

USA flights from ROI are packed , yearly LF at 85% plus , and the summer months at 95%

To go for higher volumes of feeder traffic ex UK EUR in effect dilutes the currently good revenue on the BOH flight , so I imagine its only full fares they are after , dont forget better to have a couple seats available for last minute high yield traffic for the busy finance folks to come to DUB with suitcases of money to help us than almost give the seat away for the USA , of course getting business class BOH DUB JFK is the goal , so I can see a certain logic after all with the smaller plane until the new ones arrive , there wont be many empty seats on the flight to DUBLIN

I imagine this route will see frequency growth soon, EIR will end up with two extra aircraft by Q4 this year and all ATR72 fleet, so then there is room to go for the holiday makers BOH DUB MCO etc

Steady growth to a dauly then twice daily then 3 daily weekday service is the plan , unless fuel hits 120usd of course