PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B777 Procedure Blocked AOA Probes
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 08:54
A33Zab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully an initial push ... until, still hopefully, things point to the undue stickshaker activation and therefore the possibility to stabilize the situation, possibility refused to an Airbus crew before he shut a few computers down.
Just like the A330 did, but they have to overcome the increased force to stabilize and keep the continuing stickshackers.
most probably they will (ICW OCC!) continue in Direct and silence the shackers with CB. also dual - non procedural - action required.

Some serious questions need to be asked why investigation bodies do not investigate a loss of control leading the EASA to publish an EMERGENCY AIRWORTHINESS DIRECTIVE and Airbus to modify its Flight Manual ...

That the event was "unfortunate" seems good enough for you to keep it quiet ... I just don't follow you on that path.
On the contrary...I do agree! it is serious matter and should be investigated.
The only 'excuse' I can imagine is that the source of this INCIDENT was that obvious (mechanical blockage) they left it to EVA QA - as first in line - to investigate.
In the EAD it is not mandated to remove the conical plates or replace the AoA sensors in factory delivered airbii.

Last edited by A33Zab; 3rd Jan 2013 at 13:37.