PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have you given up?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 21:29
Da-20 monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had 30 hours dual instruction for the issue of a PPL before i was 16. I started an integrated course 2 years ago. Passed the ATPL theory, then was kicked out because the bank would not loan me upwards of 85.000 jurro's. Bad credit rating and all. Parents not rich enough.
Last jobs I had were dishwashing, working on the ramp on schiphol didn't really work out because I was unable to terminate my contract at a restaurant.

Now I'm 27 and I don't want to be a pilot anymore, even tough I still have a lot of passion for,and knowledge of, aviation. I am glad the bank wasn't going to give me all that money. I don't have huge loans to pay off like you guys because I didn't reach the stage of instrument and multi engine instruction and stuff. but it feels like I wasted a lot of time dreaming about a stupid boy's dream.

Next month I start a quite regular business administration course at college. I am not going to tell anyone that I have been involved in flight training, and you should not do either.
People do not want to hear your stories about failing to be a pilot. They will turn their back on you, especially woman.

Go to a financial advisor and see how you can manage to pay off your debts while learning a valuable skill that will give you a good job and live somewhere cheap. If you have degrees, don't tell HR people at a job interview that you have done flight training, make something up like travelling.

Don't compare yourself with people who got a job at some low-cost carrier with a pretty facebook picture of them sitting in a big cockpit.

Perhaps next september I will see if I can change my course to bachelor aeronautical engineering.

Portsharbourflyer: You are right. What I meant was the atpl theory might help me with the entry requirements.

Row with the paddle's you have

Last edited by Da-20 monkey; 3rd Jan 2013 at 10:17.