PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Crash in Moscow
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 17:07
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That leaves less than 5000 feet before disaster. If the CCTV is accurate, that there were 30 seconds between TD and impact, that is an average velocity of approx. 115 mph. Allowing some velocity at the impact zone means there was little if any deceleration. Since the a/c obviously had residual velocity at the impact, the numbers suggest strongly the speed was higher than any survivable value. Assuming the impact speed was zero, post impact, (obviously) the average speed was far higher than 115 mph. Thanks to Doors to Automatic for the relative distances involved.

I am with vovachan in proposing uncommanded forward thrust. Unfortunately, there is the possibility also of commanded forward thrust. The Pitch of the a/c off runway did not follow the contour of the terrain. Rather, it suggested at least to me, there was a serious component of aerodynamic lift at the end of the runway.

Any low speed excursion would have the nose in the video lurch vertically. I did not pick that up. The "settling" I perceived could also be to the inertia of trajectory, so that wants a dash of salt.

Last edited by Lyman; 2nd Jan 2013 at 17:10.