PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have you given up?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 16:22
SV_741_India_Bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
almostgivenup, I dont know your specifics, but when it comes to paying bills there are some specific jobs that dont require particular qualifications. I dont know much about your area, but I got work in the digital media industry purely based on the fact that I can speak and write English well. May I suggest look for something in IT, if you are into it. That should take care of the bills for a while. When you do get a place that can take care of the bills, diversify. See if you can get support for a degree or certificate, in aviation or outside of it.

At the same time, always keep in touch with aviation, because you may think you will remember your stuff, but a month later - poof - its all gone. If possible, check out some of the (free) online courses available through AOPA or on the FAAST website.

My first job in aviation came from a very unexpected source. I didnt even apply to that place, neither did they announce any vacancies. An online aviation education project (free) that I set up just to keep myself in touch with aviation, and to educate the visitors to my site caught the eye of my new employer. They called me in and offered me a spot the same day.

At the end of it all, my experience did teach me one thing - for those of us fortunate enough to have the aviation bug, trust me, we will not be satisfied working anywhere else. You may think I'm a fool saying that, but I used to think that about all the people who told me this, until I experienced it myself. Aviation is what keeps us alive, and if it werent for my friends and acquantaince - people i barely know - who kept pushing me, I would have quit a long time ago.

Dont loose hope. Be thankful for what you have, keep a positive attitude, and look for options. Google is your friend, use it.

All the best!

Last edited by SV_741_India_Bravo; 2nd Jan 2013 at 16:25.