PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have you given up?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 11:26
almostgivenup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you given up?

Firstly I'd like to say that I do not want this thread to start up anyfights or arguments etc as often happens here. It is merely to see if there are others like me who have got to the point and decided enough is enough and tolive your life again? I am not looking for suggestions, sympathy or critcism, just to see if others feel the same.

I finished training over 3 years ago and having gone down many different avenues in the hope of finding that one position, have not been successful.

I'm sure there probably were more routes I could have pursued, but sadly Ihave bills to pay and could not have afforded to live had I gone down the route of instructing, working for free or working at an airport etc. I'm slowly realising that I was duped like many others into chasing a dream and I have topay the price, both financially and psychologically. It has left me depressedand demoralised, but I am just trying to carry on with my life and accept whathas happened.

I will always have sadness and regret that it has not turned out how I had hoped, however I've realised that you cannot buy a dream. I love flying, and hope to carry on doing so for pleasure, but to anyone else out there who has dreamt of being a pilot, think very carefully before you do. It has nearly cost me a marriage, and much much more.