PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 09:32
cuthere

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whoever wrote:

with over 200 flights a day on average
obviously has access to different stats than the CAA. The average daily movements for November was 93, whilst even a peak month like July didn't see 200 movements a day (that was closer to 180-odd). With the departure of EI, 200 movements a day would appear to be a long way off.

As an aside. I flew from BFS-BRS-BFS just before Christmas, and on returning thought I'd left Bristol in 2012 and arrived in Aldergrove in 1973. Can they not do something about the dated corridors, worn carpet and dingy arrivals hall? It's supposed to be the main air entry point into NI, but feels more like arriving into the foyer of an uncared for Torquay hotel.

Even the departure gates with the dated destination signs they hang up would remind one of travelling several decades ago.

One last moan. On arriving back into BFS on Sunday 23rd at around 3.45pm, I noted there were only two other passenger aircraft on the apron. Yet it still took the best part of 15 minutes for the steps to appear. Had the arrival of the flight taken the ground staff by surprise?

I quickly remembered why I use LDY and BHD preferentially over BFS. Sorry state of affairs really.