PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How safe is (airbus) fly by wire? Airbus A330/340 and A320 family emergency AD
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 08:05
Bengerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris, thanks for your thoughts, I will bow out now because, like many threads here, we go around in circles with people shooting off all over the place and not actually addressing the original issue.

FYI I only have rear engined time on DC-10 and B727 from some years ago, they were not fbw and both would pitch up with application of TOGA.

Others here have chuntered on about training, procedures blah blah....yes, they are vital but it has to start with the actual piece of kit in the first place! To my mind poor design is that which exists when training has to be given to negate safety issues caused through that poor design.

You say:

You say that this issue is just one of the aspects of Airbus design that are "fundamentally flawed", so I suggest you pursue the others.
1st Jan 2013 23:25
I will not waste my time doing this because of the parochial and, almost, xenophobic nature of some of the posters here, but I will say that thrust levers that do not move is a negative step and non interconnected sidesticks with no feel are also negative steps. Both remove part of the feedback process and reduce the tools available to the pilot.

I bid you farewell.