PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Crash in Moscow
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2013, 20:33
orion1210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been watching this thread to and throw for a couple of days now and people seem to be getting blinkered by lack the of rev thrust. I'll appologise for my ramblings in advance but just wanted to get some thoughts out there.

What grabs my attention as an EASA B1 is the underlying cause of this i.e wow sensing issues, which there is type history of or, the fact that the aircraft didn't settle enough onto the oleos due weight/speed/technique or over serviced oleos??

I note from the crash site pictures that the spoiler/speed brake panels were not extended. Perhaps settled back down after hyd px loss but again possibly wow issues but why did the crew not manually extend them on TD? If the Tu thinks it is still GIA will the brake system remain in touchdown protection mode or will wheel spin up allow braking, as on western designs?

Without ground spoilers 'dumping' the majority of the lift how much is braking performance reduced? Do any similar type crews know of any published figures or multiplication factors for landing distance with inop spoilers?

I'm not familiar with the type and therefore don't know how sophisticated the wow sensing systems and resulting t/rev, ground spoilers and antiskid interlocks are but would welcome some specific details on them.

Last edited by orion1210; 1st Jan 2013 at 20:33.