PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Many Madrid ATCO's are hoping for an accident to happen "
Old 1st Jan 2013, 19:33
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I am wasting my time , but cannot resit to comment :

Many air traffic controllers in Spain are hoping for an accident to happen.
Total bullSh*t . No one wants that. The guy is frustated, understandably, but he should write his frustrations in his mother tongue. In case he really means this, then he should take a long medical vacation.

2 calosii :
Didn't they have one already? In 1977 - if I'm not mistaken?
You are ; 1977 is Teneriffe collision and had very little to do with the controller on duty . Read your classics..

3 Hotel Tango :
If you are refering to the midair, they were under military control because of a (civil) strik
You are mixing up Spain and France; The Nantes collision was in 1973 over France.

4. Blind pew :
Had a friend in 1981 who was a controller at Chicago but due to family commitments had moved to Swiss control at Zurich.
I think I know who you are talking about. The "familly commitments " were rather "Reagan made" no ? . the reasons why he left were also a bit different as I recall . And suggesting this was a warning for Ueberlingen is a bit dishonnest : the procedures and the people in place in 2002 in Zurich ACC were totally different than those in 1981.

5,autolycus224 :
I would fire him on the spot
Good, that would solve the problem . Ex Ryanair management by chance ?