PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MMMmmmiles Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2003, 10:28
atb1943

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just spent hours re-reading this thread - what fun! Like a time warp. And Hairy's taken it back to the thirties with his libidinous ravings about MM... (Maxine Miles).

Noticed a photo of the Mohawk in Feb Pilot that just dropped onto my desk. Maybe they cleared up the birdpoop for the shot.

Aerohack, your recollection of the Prentice then hauled himself half out of the cockpit to stand with one leg on the wing root, one hand steadying himself on the windscreen frame while the other polished vigorously at the 'screen with a bit of rag I half experienced Monday on the return to Shoreham in the Yak. The setting sun was to stbd (natch) and Tom needed to do the housework, so he set to with a duster on both side panels. I almost expected him to climb out to do the w/s, but he left it at that.
What I found very strange was the intercom button on the Mig-type sideways throttle. Coupla times got a thwack as I reached for it at the same time as Tom throttled back (mainly on the ground checks). Got a good look at Brighton's West Pier from all angles....Yak reminded me of a steam train when taxying!

Incidentally, how is Rex Smith obe? Believe he retired from the CAA recently? Knew him well from his time at Kidlington. And his Lordship Waterpark? He was a floatplane buff, wasn't he?!

Nice weekend all