PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A400M Flight Testing Progress
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2013, 15:05
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
forthcomming lectures

Some of you may beinterested in the forthcoming RAeS A400M lectures. 9th Jan atBedford ARA and 7th Feb Ed Strongman (test Pilot) at Cambridge. Thisis our Sir Arthur Marshall named lecture at Downing Coll and if last year isanything to go by it will be standing room only.

Come and find out thereal story. I can’t stand the BS on here particularly about 02 certificationand Certification generally. We had AvP 970 which became Def Stan 00-970 withclear guidance and pass/fail, go/no go criteria. These days things are moreflexible and tailored.

I know the C&Qteam have worked hard with other nations and stood up to airbus on occasion. Afew things are certain: the T&E will be over budget. (Q2 will see to thateven thought they are embedded in the Combined Trials Team they will advise theIPT not to accept advice from other nations T&E organisations. – I hope theIPT stand up to them)

The aircraft will be astep change in capability over the C130.

The x locks in the CHSwill never meet the 10 to the minus 9 criteria but I am no longer the poorbugger that has to recommend that bit is signed up.
I am looking forward to seeing it in UK servicebut we will never have enough of them. Just hope that when the time comes wecan afford it.