PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'KLM also takes risks by taking as less as possible fuel' according politician
Old 31st Dec 2012, 13:49
737Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't help thinking that some of you do not fully understand the responsabilitys of being an aircraft commander, the job will involve you standing up and telling OCC and others that they can't have their way on safety grounds.
That would be BOAC then, as he is making incorrect statements regarding KLM's contingency fuel. Even for bringing statistical contingency fuel into this discussion is ridiculous, as there is no information at all on the furl that KLM flight was carrying.
However his assumptions regarding KLM contingency fuel, which is solely for planning, are based on misunderstood information from the Dutch tv show thread, which I quoted. Why should we start this thread with incorrect information in the second post???

Subsequently he makes that quote out to be my own creation and lacking understanding of basic contingency fuel policy.

Sorry but someone who uses the quoted information to imagine that KLM is reducing contingency fuel, in a similar way to BA, below the EU-ops basic is sadly misled. And it's even more remarkable that he didn't recognize this exact same information and subsequently discredits it for lacking basic fuel contingency understanding. Ergo an idiot, guided by his own feelings of superiority, leading him to only gain half an understanding of what was written.

The rest was simply a question to how BA policy regarding reducing contingency fuel works. In my company this can only be done by 3% ERA and then even not below 5 minutes.

Last edited by 737Jock; 31st Dec 2012 at 13:55.