PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most unusual method of instilling knowledge
Old 31st Dec 2012, 12:32
Anthill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remoak.. No mate, YOU are the one who is just plain in the wrong. This has nothing what so ever to do with being PC. I am actually a very PC incorrect person.

Oh, I see you are another one of the grammar police. Whoop-de-frickin'-do!

I was gently trying to explain what he needed to do, but he was completely maxed
out and simply wasn't hearing me. My voice got progressively louder and more
commanding, but no response.
You failed to recognise cognitive overload, that's what happend. So you yelled at the student and increased the stress levels hoping to inprove performance? Then you smacked him? What??? Did you really expect a different outcome other than a 'frozen' student?? (This reminds me of people who expect foreigners to unstand English better if you yell at them). Fark me dead...that is about the least professional response I could imagine on your part. As an instructor, you lack the requisite competancies.

I have NEVER had to resort to this sort of thing in the sim (or elsewhere). My company use me a trouble shooter for strugglers and a calm reasoned approach works evry time. Who do you work for again?

What ever they are paying you in your 'training' role you certainly don't deserve it. Aside from the ineffectivness of you actions, you also lack awareness that your actions could result in a workplace harrassment complaint.

Last edited by Anthill; 31st Dec 2012 at 23:08.