PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'KLM also takes risks by taking as less as possible fuel' according politician
Old 31st Dec 2012, 11:34
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 737jock
Does BA do this on a regular basis? And how does taking less then the minimum eu-ops dictated 5minutes /5% of trip involve statistics?
- ah! Really good to see you here.

Regarding "learn to read!" - why not follow your own advice. Ask a pilot to show you a copy of EUOPS and you can read Appendix 1 to OPS 1.255, 1.3 (a) (iv). Perhaps you could then return here and educate us all with how you understand that alleviation. Nothing to do with "3% ERA" by the way.

Now from your own post
In slow months, with no delays, it goes down to the minimum of 5 minutes.
So, you are convinced that 5 minutes is always at least 5% of trip? Some examples please? You may well find that that point refers to Appendix 1 to OPS 1.255, 1.3 (b) (when you find it) where this is higher than the 'no delay' statistical contingency. You claim to be responsible for aeroplanes and fuel planning do you?
Does BA do this on a regular basis?
- I don't know, but IF you read my post I said "in my time (up to 2004)" - it is now 2012 - so I do not know. Why not ask? I suspect they do.

I'm tempted to here but I know it upsets some sensitive souls.