PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2012, 23:21
nickings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
happy new year

hey guys, i'd like to take this opportunity since it's new year's eve, to say a little something on the reflective side.

about a few weeks ago, a fellow interviewee who went through all the interviews and medical checks with me posted on his social media account: "never lose yourself", which made me smile to myself, because those were the exact same words i had posted as a reminder to myself on another social media platform sometime back.

i think the tumultuous journey towards becoming a pilot is not foreign to any of us, much less the emotional sine curve. hence, i was glad to know that i was not alone in feeling this way. hearing the thunderous roar of an aircraft engine or glancing at the pilot who had just walked past (instead of the pretty stewardess) sure does stir up feelings of bitter-sweet excitement that we cannot do anything about now, except for wait, pray, and study hard. (aside self-sponsoring oneself)

anyway, just as flight86 mentioned, it doesn't seem like the courses will be commencing anytime soon. so to my fellow comrades, i wish you a productive 2013, in preparing yourself for the interviews or courses in 2014. always keep the faith going, the passion burning, and of course, never lose yourself.

p/s: please don't chastise or judge me for this but, here's a song to usher the new year in with