PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How safe is (airbus) fly by wire? Airbus A330/340 and A320 family emergency AD
Old 30th Dec 2012, 22:18
737Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't get automation confused with FBW - two very different things. In fact the automation on the A320 is no more complex than that on your 737NG, which is why automation-related crashes and incidents are comparable in number across all types and manufacturers.
That is where you are mistaken Dozywannabe! I have more hours on A320 then on 737, although the 737 is the aircraft I was flying when I created my username. I haven't flown it in years.

I'm not confusing anything here! So unlike you think I know what I'm talking about! Airbus FBW has some serious issues!

SNPL is completely correct, and I'm not french, don't work for AF or am related to boeing or airbus in any other way then a typerating on my licence.

And yes there are incidents accountable to airbus FBW, SNPL mentioned 4 where it played a factor!

But lets trust in an engineer who never flew any of the aircraft or held command on it.

Last edited by 737Jock; 30th Dec 2012 at 22:23.