PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can I have some advice please?
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2003, 01:03
Number Cruncher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack, are you really only 14? You speak with such maturity and show great enthusiasm, which is brilliant to see!

I can't really offer you too much advice as you seem to have worked it all out for yourself already!

Sorry to hear about your dad, but I’m sure he' be proud of you looking down from above and seeing you pursue your dream. You go for it boy. As Scroggs says, don't be put off by anything. There are means and ways of overcoming the various obstacles you’re likely to encounter along the way but you know what they say, "If you want it bad enough, it'll come your way eventually".

As you say, you’re new to Pprune. Well, you are going to learn a lot from it over the next few months. You’ll read lots of interesting and inspirational stories. Unfortunately, there’ll be some not so inspiring and slightly off putting. Don’t be put of by these, however do take note of them as this is a very tough and competitive industry, but I’m sure with your attitude you’ll give it a good crack.

I’m 4 months into PPL (airline desperado) and if any, the advice I can offer you is that if you’re going to pay up front for training do so via a credit card. Not yours obviously, but ask a relative nicely if they’ll do it for you. It’s what I did and in my case I am covered by insurance should the school go belly up. (Ps I’m an accountant and also studied the flying schools accounts rigorously to ensue the chances of them going out of business were minimal. You could hire an accountant too, but I wouldn’t advise it as he’ll probably rip you off!!!)

Well, good luck. You’ll get there. In the mean time try to keep your eyes in the classroom and get yourself good grades.