PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wrongly Accused
Thread: Wrongly Accused
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2012, 17:14
NutLoose

Received 2,957 Likes on 1,261 Posts
Two come to mind,

1st

Jag Squadron Germany on annual Deci detachment, did a B/F on a Jag that was off with several others to Gib for a weekend p*ss up.. Find fresh Hydraulic fluid on lower Eng door and a little on the floor, snag it, Rigger Chief has a look says ok and wipes down, pilot arrives, bags stowed and fired up, checks again, more fluid on door, calls for another check, told again it's ok....
Not happy, so I signal to shut down... Pilot out of aircraft, helmet thrown, lots of shouting directed at me, dummy out of window, no p*ss up in Gib, finally get the bloody door opened, massive hydraulic leak and realisation it wouldn't have got there..... Chief calls me aside, thanks me and says sorry..... Pilot never said a word, but a glance from him said it all, he knew, I knew what he now knew..

2nd

Jag Squadron Germany myself and other Sootie open the engine door and the hinges shear and door falls off. (Crap design and a MU repair job ).... Jengo not a happy chappie, what have we done, all our fault, negligent etc etc etc.... Next time we open one up he wants to see what we did to damage the last one, day arrives, Jengo arrives, helps us open the door, hinges shear lol and door falls off... Looks aghast and dissapears rapidly..

Last edited by NutLoose; 30th Dec 2012 at 17:25.