PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wrongly Accused
Thread: Wrongly Accused
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2012, 16:03
Roadster280

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, a most bizarre thing happened to me.

I was at Catterick, undergoing trade training, and was called in to the Sergeant Major's office, where he unleashed the dogs of hell on me. Who the f*** did I think I was to give the Garrison Commander's address to a civil court, and then not to pay my fines? How was is that the bailiffs turned up at the Comd's house to seize property to the value of? And boy was I in the shi*. They had my name, and my service number.

I just looked at him and denied all knowledge. WTF was he talking about?

I eventually got sent out and called back in later, where there was another WO, and they played nice WO/nasty WO, the SSM having swapped roles. I still hadn't a clue what they were on about.

Eventually, nasty WO calls the clerk of the court to confirm my DOB. Apparently the bloke they were looking for was about 20 years older than me. The RMP must have tied the name of the accused (not me) to my service number, as I was indeed stationed in Catterick. Though not at the Comd's house!

Not even a word of apology. I think I spoiled their "International Pokey Drill Exposition" plans for me.