PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2012, 14:02
DublinPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.if there was FR flights scheduled it would be Berlin or Warsaw.
I'm glad that the flight diverted to Katowice and lets hope that is the norm for the future as it is best for all concerned, but even if Katowice wasn't possible, I'm not sure why the second and third choice diversions would be Warsaw and Berlin respectively.There are far closer airports in Poland.

Generally the order that has been established for EZY/W6/FR for a Krakow or Katowice closure has been the following. This is bore out time and time again and all of the below airports are well able to handle an A320. If there was an A321 operating however then it would eliminate a few of them however.

1. Krakow/Katowice
2. Rzeszów
3. Wroclaw
4. Poznan (previously served by EI)
5. Warsaw
6. Lodz
7. Berlin SXF

Bydgoszcz and Szczecin I agree do not have the facilities to handle diversions in most cases, but occasionally take the odd divert from Gdansk.

When Modlin reopens and Lublin is open a while longer I'd imagine that Berlin will fall even further down that list. Wroclaw and Lodz have recently had new terminals built and are not even half full at peak time, whilst Poznan and Rzeszow are nowhere near full in the winter.

Last edited by DublinPole; 30th Dec 2012 at 14:09.