PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bose A20 aviation headset
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2012, 21:21
RVF750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I tried a set out the other week and have just ordered a set of A20s tonight. Can't wait.

As to where- Sporty's do a good deal, and the exchange rate is pretty good for us Brits at the moment.

The A20 is really two parts. The ANR and speaker top part, and the cord/controller/mic unit. It's a great idea, because you can but the part to go with your aircraft and choose Bluetooth or not for most applications and not have to pay a huge amount to do this.

Very clever design.

I currently use Sennheisers, and to be honest, as our fleet runs low on HMEC25-HA and the new 26 units appear, it's has led me to save u pfor my own set. I sold my HMEC25 earlier this year as it was pointless when all I needed to carry to work was a pair of batteries and a mic sock, but the 26 is absolutely crap! Uncomfortable, very cheap mic unit and just horrid to use.

What is it with manufacturers now?

My old DC 10-40 had the M4 mic that was superb, despite the weight and head clamping of the design, but the later 13-4 used the M7, a newer mic that was far worse for sound quality. Sennheiser, old mic good- new mic bad., Same deal.

Anyway, needed doing, I am fed up of going deaf flying turboprops....