PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can I have some advice please?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2003, 22:23
c_kraig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhh, a future manager!

Alright. Wait......... give it a long pause before you start reading.

Alright. you have everything in order. Sounds like a good plan. First off, have you talked to or have gotted to know any of the pilots who fly the Concord? Well lets start off small. My point is, is it what you really want. You sit up high, go fast, climb fast then just sit up there for a few hours and manage the instruments. See, Aviation has made a big change eversence the industry switch to turbines and jets. The real flying was in the round engines. Rarly things go wrongs turbines. But when they do, Stand back. I have never flown a big bird like that, hell I was trying to go for the United State of America's Customs to fly helos. Well things all changed. There are thing that are in your life that you will not be able to control. When you start your cross country flying you will learn about "A way out". This could me an alternate airport or a place to land. It really isn't learning how to do it... it is more like a mind set. You have to be aware that anything and everything is going to go wrong when you least expect it. It happend to me... four years later I have just started to get back into the seat again. It didn't seem that the things that happend to me were big but the fact that they did, took me down, and hard. I have always believed that a student should spend a little money and learn how to fly and land gliders. then to go into the engined birds. That way you ingraind in you mind and soul that when your engine goes out, you have it all under control. And what about your medical?
I had a friend of mine who just got his 757 rating and he went into a medical check up and he had something wrong. Something that he could not fix. He was sacked, not all things were bad. He went to a flight sim company and he now teaches the 757. Never too far or too long from his family. I think he hit the gold. I have many other things to say, but not enough time. start off small and enjoy life. Last year, I lost six of my good friends. Four of the didn't leave themselves an out. I want to learn from them and continue to fly with their angels. One day I may need one of them. Its good that you are asking these questions. Ill see you later Halfbaked_boy.