PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can I have some advice please?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2003, 21:40
Halfbaked_Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I have some advice please?

Hey everyone! As you may see I am new to this website, so I hope that I can be made welcome by you guys

Anyway, I'll get on with my post and stop babbling hehe:

I am a student pilot with only two hours, and I am also only 14 years old, so I have plenty of time to make decisions, big and small. What I really wanted to ask was; what is the best route to take to become pilot in command of the Concorde?

OK, you think, take one bridge at a time, kid, that's the way to do it, however, I think that if I have everything planned out for me then my life - and my career- should turn out well.

So far, I have acclaimed a plan that once I have my Private Pilot's License, I shall continue on to College to study aerodynamics then come back to apply for a Flight Instructor job, which I shall keep to help pay for extra training (i.e. Night Rating, Instrument Rating and so on).

From there on, when I have - I hope! - over 1,000 hours of flying experience, I shall apply for training in the Learjet or Boeing 737 which I shall fly on short hauls (I live in Midlands, UK, so I was thinking Gatwick to Edinburgh type flights).

Then I hope to increase the lengths of my flights and progress to larger, trans-atlantic planes such as the 747, and from there on, well, I'll just see how it goes!

Anyway, I would just like some advice on this, prefebly from someone who has some experience behind them, but all suggestions are welcome!

And one more thing; I have pondered this for quite a while: if you have many hours, but only the PPL, will certain airlines train you to work for them?

That is all! I hope that someone will be able to help me, as I'm sure they will

Thanks!

Jack