PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Takeoff
Thread: CTC Takeoff
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2012, 16:13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DCS136

You will be getting close to 40 by the time you complete training. Are you sure that EZ will take you at that age?

I seem to recall someone posting about this a while ago and I think CTC pretty much said that it was unlikely? Have you asked CTC directly about his?

Obviously the difficulty with this is that CTC may say that EZ will take you on as they have to be careful about anti-ageism laws. But the reality maybe that at some point through your training, probably as late as the AQC, that for whatever reason they say that you don't make the grade. I personally know an integrated CTC student who was cut during the AQC phase, so it does happen.

You mention well paid employment. You do know what the first flexicrew contract pays? A lot of flexicrew guys didn't get their contracts renewed this winter. They will probably get picked up again in the spring but who is to say that they won't get stood down again next winter?

Another factor to consider is when do EZ stop taking delivery of new airframes and their current expansion stop? I don't know when that is but it is likely to be in the next couple of years? Things may look very different in a few years time and there may no longer be a route into EZ via CTC by the time you complete your training?

I know that you don't just mention CTC Takeoff in your post but you need to consider more factors than just time periods. The pressure during training is high enough without the added pressure placed on you to pass everything first time and within minimum hours, just to keep jumping through CTC's hoops with the EZ carrot dangling!

You are in a fortunate position to be able to afford to do a FI ticket and instruct for a year. If I were you I think I would seriously consider going to another modular provider and saving a whole bunch on the course price and AQC. You could afford to instruct for say 2 years and increase the chance of you finding a RHS job in the meantime?

How much do CTC charge for the TR post AQC if you make it out of the hold pool by the way? I would be very wary about banking on making it all the way into the RHS with EZ by close to the age of 40. Good luck with your choices.