PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch TV reports on 'Ryanair pilots denominated alarm over safety'
Old 28th Dec 2012, 15:25
1stspotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dutch newssite has an article about the news and quotes a Dutch Ryanair pilot.

Piloten Ryanair luiden noodklok over onveilig beleid | nu.nl/buitenland | Het laatste nieuws het eerst op nu.nl

below a Google translate of the reply of a Dutch Ryanair pilot in the article mentioned above. Sorry for some weird translations

A Dutch Ryanair pilot qualifies NU.nl against the objections of his colleagues about the fuel policy of the airline. "Our phones are always plenty of air fuel. Such amounts are established by law and that is what our pilots to. And when a kite with arguments can demonstrate, for example, a weather situation, he added kerosene needs he gets it without problems . "

The pilot sets the ringing of the alarm "not smart action" to find his four colleagues. "It seems like slander of dissatisfaction with the pressure that prevails with Ryanair. That is in my opinion not be higher than other companies which profit is important. There has never been a Ryanair aircraft crashed. If this is done we can packing, so the security is of paramount importance. "

list

At Ryanair is underway with a list, which is maintained with whom the best fuel omspringt. To a high or low ranking are no consequences. "The pilots watch, but a few, barely on that list. Nobody forces you to something. There are pilots who even as low as possible on that list would be. You're a pilot yourself with."

The pilot is more worried about the contracts of many pilots who only get paid when they fly. "Therefore take colleagues sometimes risks, while they may be too sick to fly. It may just 1,000 euros cost if you one day can not work. Society there is very sharp, but it cost the company any money. For the pilots However this also that you do in person. If I do not feel well and I have the responsibility over 180 men, I will not fly. But I can not speak for 3,000 colleagues. "