Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2012, 13:09
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vueling

justplanecrazy84

Vueling Madrid in a word - unlikely

In a few more words - They are based in Barcelona so there is the first problem. Here is a list of their new routes

Vueling Further Expands S13 Service with New Routes | Airline Route – Worldwide Airline Route Updates

Have you seem how many flights they have at Madrid - not many and the major growth is at BCN so it would require further expansion, which of course is possible with Iberia's problems but the unions might have something to say about that. Although 12 x Iberia A320's will be going to Allegient by the end of 2013 so maybe they might expand at Madrid but Iberia Express is around for that.

I thought Monarch would try it but I was wrong unless they have a change of heart.

Planeaddict

The link re charges was posted and discussed earlier

Qatar - Indeed the 787 config makes it ideal for BHX but an A332 will do but I am not sure if any further discussion is worthwhile on this point as QR will do things in their own time

Air India Best ignore anything you read until you can either book BHX-ATQ or even better see the aircraft on the BHX tarmac.

Air Algerie - No noticeable hub, no tourism to speak off and virtually no known O & D traffic. Based on that I suspect that if it does happen there will be more to it than first thought (pesudo-charters, oil industry?)

Emirates - This is probably worth discussing as there is little doubt the third service was pencilled in but things have stalled. Ringwayman could be right and an A380 on EK39 first (2014) or with EK seemingly trying to build that third Dubai bank maybe an A332 in the morning.

However reported on another site, two more two class A332's are to leave the fleet early 2013. This leaves 22 A332's mainly three class configurations.

With the low season and Ramadan following each other in 2013, EK loads from the beginning of May to the end of July are going to be challenging to say the least.

Seems 2013 will be another interesting year at BHX.

Pete