PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Company to work for? (your dream job!)
Old 28th Dec 2012, 06:58
Narrow Runway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTSE

Id like a job flying a beautiful swept wing corporate jet for a FTSE 100 natural resources company.

This job would need to be on a 2 week on/off basis, with the aircraft based no more than 30 miles from my home.

It would also require me to have every weekend off as a general rule.

Salary would have to be no less than £100,000. Bonuses would need to run into serious figures.

I would need to stay in any hotel that the flight department chose (in a good way). I would need a company credit card to cover any expenses.

Any positioning flights would need to be in Business class.

The company pension scheme would be very generous, as would the private Heath care scheme for my family. Obviously, there would be permanent health insurance to guarantee my pay in the event of losing my licence.

The senior management of the company would show you respect in their dealings with you, trust your experience and expertise. They would back you to make the correct decision and to accept it if the need arises to make changes to schedules or routes.

Routes would be worldwide, with a healthy mix of short, medium and long haul.

Training would be fair and plentiful. Opportunities to self develop and take on courses and responsibility would be available openly.

Colleagues would be your friends. Work would be fun.

I know this sounds like pie in the sky compared to the norm nowadays. But, this job exists and I'm the lucky holder of one of the few Captains seats for this amazing organisation.

Fortunately, the flying side of this business is really a tiny part of a huge and vastly profitable organisation. I feel very fortunate to do what I do.