PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planes may leave late in new system - Perth
Old 28th Dec 2012, 03:27
Nautilus Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another tracking request issue. If you are tracking A B C D E, and you have been issued with a height requirement by C, don't bother asking for track shortening to D or E until after you have made the requirement.

Really though I'm not that fussed. Someone asks for direct tracking, I say no or will advise (i.e. no). If thats the worst that happens on a shift I'll be happy. I've undoubtedly asked my share of daft questions, "do you expect a normal approach and landing" springs to mind.

RR69 - for those reasons and more it would help, but the problem is Pearce, specifically R160 and R161. I know its our standard excuse, but with the exception of the waves SID and STAR, airspace off the coast in not available when they are active. (Sterling and Lancelin restricted areas are also a issue but not as often.) Thought was given some time ago to having two route structures to the north, depending on weather PEA was active or not. The the thinking was problems of people planning the wrong routes at the wrong times outweighed the benefits.

We do do it on an ad-hoc basis though. Its quite common at night to run traffic inbound from the northwest GEL WAVES rather than MRW REVOP JULIM , particularly if using R03.