PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most unusual method of instilling knowledge
Old 28th Dec 2012, 01:01
peterc005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@VH-XXX - the last time I whacked a graduate was years ago, when we had an office in Prahran.

One Monday morning a young woman phoned and thanked me for the great time the previous Friday night at Bridie O'Reilly's (an Irish-themed bar on Chapel St) and asked if she could see me again.

This was new to me and a description she gave matched a graduate software engineer, whose desk was right outside my office.

I surmised (correctly) that he had taken some of my business cards and used them to impress young women he was attempting to pick up.

They had both gotten intoxicated and came back to the office late at night to share an impromptu intimate experience.

Later there was a rumour that my desk had been used for non-work related purposes. Apparently this young woman had substantial proportions and was less attractive to the graduate when he was sober, so he declined to offer his correct contact details.

As I walked up behind him with a rolled up magazine he was chuckling with a buddy about Friday.

Management text books don't mention this, but I think the whack over the back of his head with a rolled up magazine effectively conveyed the message that this was not appropriate behaviour with a minimum of words.