PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - why is a box more threatening than a bag?
Old 27th Dec 2012, 17:36
CafeClub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please guys cut the patronizing tones here, and read the first post.

To sum it up:
- the example of my friend was just that, an example. He was well aware of the contents AND AT NO STAGE did anyone make that an issue. The issue he was told was to do with the fact that the box had simply gone down the same check-in route as his cases, and THAT was the problem.

- neither his example nor mine was to do with oversize anything. In fact both were smaller than a standard aisle trolley hand baggage bag.

- both examples at UK airports required additional steps. Neither were more or less heavy / fragile / imposing or whatever than the other bags checked in normally.

Yes i will fess up to some exageration re. MAN, but that airport sux and having to traipse through crowds of people and then fill in several forms all because of one not particularly significant box did nothing to make me happy.

Having flown many many times i can only recall the box thing happening at UK airports, which was the purpose of my initial question. If you enjoy having a whole bunch of silly rules and regulations in place, congrats. Me, i like to understand why something is, before i accept its validity.

I will accept that the fragility of a box might require some different attention, but elsewhere this is taken care of by signing a form that absolves the airline of responsibility. NOT having to check it in elsewhere.

Last edited by CafeClub; 27th Dec 2012 at 17:39.