PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planes may leave late in new system - Perth
Old 27th Dec 2012, 12:53
Roger Standby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a side note, simply because Perth aviators are following this thread, it has become more obvious recently that some pilots, particularly from one airline, are regularly asking for track shortening off the end of the runway and then on first contact of every subsequent frequency.

In case you haven't noticed, this is Perth. Rarely do you fly as flight planned and we go out of our way to track shorten you as often as we can, often more than we should according to the rules we should be following. Give us a chance to get our initial instructions out and then by all means ask politely if we haven't offered it.

Calling on frequency and advising/demanding/expecting "We can take dct xxx when it is available" just pi$$e$ us off. We'll let you know IF it's available. A bit of common courtesy never goes astray. We don't expect thanks. (but it doesn't go astray if you want us to try and trim your track even more )

I'm not saying don't ask. I'll bend over forwards to get it for you. I want you apart and out of my airspace as soon as possible but grumpy demands will see you flying full route unless it suits me otherwise. I'll be the one saying "not available" without even a callsign.

Cheers

Last edited by Roger Standby; 27th Dec 2012 at 12:57.