PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviator College - Ft. Pierce - Fl
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2012, 01:02
Tinstaafl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're going to do, what? 250-300 hours training with them and then start instructing. Only a proportion of that will be dual. Similarly for all their other students doing similarly. For you to gain 1000 hrs you will need around 6 to 10 students of your own, all of whom are undertaking a similar amount of training like you will have done. At the same time, all those other past students are trying to get their own time to build.

That means that the school will need to recruit 6-10 *new* students for each & every '1000 hour in a year' OPT guy. Not likely to happen.

I've been around that sort of place, fortunately as a customer quietly doing the very few hours I needed with the Chief Flying Instructor to convert my foreign ATPL into an FAA ATP, and not as a 'normal' student. I was very aware of the instructor chat I overheard about the in-fighting, bitching and moaning as each OPT competed with all the other instructors to get flight time before they had to leave.

These are really just a variant of a pyramid selling con. To get the hours you seek the school has to recruit more and more students to satisfy the hours demand of the previous crop.

Last edited by Tinstaafl; 27th Dec 2012 at 01:04.