PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2012, 17:59
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IB, your post 4780. With respect, it is not about full loads. It is about getting the price right. Before I joined GF, I was working for a UK charter company & on pressing commercial, just before the Gulf war, I was told that we were making a profit of £1 per head on some Far East routes !That was based on a FULL load. The routes that you mention are "Eastern Labour Routes" where you will never be able to charge a max Revenue ticket price. You will, however, fill the aeroplane everytime. JH got it right with GF TRaveller where he cut out Business & First & concentrated on filling up with with Asian Labourers. Price was right. Other factors conspired to make the operation fail.

And Buba, the pink bit of paper & have your Work & Res Visa pulled with immediate effect is a classic GF thank you gift !

All of this terribly sad. 2013 is not going to be great for many of my dear colleagues. My hope is that out of the ashes, the phoenix will rise. Well, that's what I say to all the girls. Seasonal good wishes. Churlish, I know, but heartfelt.