PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular Wisdom gained the hard way
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2002, 01:13
MorningGlory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Aces Low/WWW,

You're absolutely right. I listened to other people before starting my ATPL who said 'you need to tot it all up and add 20%'

So far I've been lucky, my training has gone very well, on time and have passed everything thrown at me so far.

However, like you say, my training so far(ppl,imc,night,multi 100hrs structured hour building 150tt, full time ATPL groundschool, all the ground exams, flight test fees, accomodation, beer money, car etc etc etc) on paper should have cost around the £20K mark. It has actually cost a tad over £30K (maybe I drink too much Guinness!)so there's an extra 50%! If you add loss of income during those 12 months, it's looking at around £60K.

Now if you said that to me 12 months ago I probably would have lost my class 1 with an instant cardiac, and would have saved all that cash, however it's been great so far, and I don't regret a thing!

Here's looking forward to 2002, a part time CPL (while working, desperate for the cash, and lets face it, what's the rush?), and an IR/MCC to top it all off next year!

Bonnet de douch!

[ 03 January 2002: Message edited by: MorningGlory ]</p>